- Chairman's Message message from Sam Richwine, Jr., MD ('77), Chairman of the MCGF Board
- About Us information about the MCG Foundation
- Foundation News news releases by and about the Foundation
- Board listing of the Foundation Board of Directors
- Staff listing of the Foundation Staff
- Policies and Procedures user manual, check request, signatory and other forms
- 2014-15 Annual ReportView Online
- How to Make a Gift
information for donors
- MCGF Funds listing of Foundation funds
- MCG Foundation, Inc.
545 15th Street
Augusta, GA 30901
(877) 823-5501 (toll free)
(706) 828-3397 (fax)
- Feedback - we would love to hear what you think of our website, or if you have any general comments or questions.
MCG Foundation President & CEO Jim Osborne to Retire
After 26 years as President & CEO of the Medical College of Georgia Foundation, James B. “Jim” Osborne, Sr., EdD has announced plans to retire in June 2016. Dr. Osborne announced the news through a letter to the Board in March, citing both the growth and stability of the Foundation during his tenure. The early announcement will allow for an orderly transition and will give the newly appointed successor, Foundation COO Ian Mercier, time to prepare for the new role.
Hired as Vice President for Institutional Relations and Executive Director of the Foundation in late 1989, Dr. Osborne oversaw the growth of the Foundation’s assets under management from $7 million to over $200 million. In 2001, he was named the first President & CEO of the Foundation, and has guided the organization effectively since. Current Board Chair Dr. Sam Richwine recognizes the significance of Osborne’s legacy at the Foundation. “Jim has helped build our endowment, managed a first-class organization and established enduring relationships with donors and friends of the Medical College of Georgia that will last many years beyond his retirement. We thank him for his many accomplishments”
The responsibility of managing the day-to-day operations of the Foundation now moves to Ian Mercier, who himself is no stranger to the institution. “Ian has over 15 years’ experience managing (Read More)