AUGUSTA UNIVERSITY HEALTH SYSTEM IN-KIND DONATIONS
As cases of COVID-19 continue to climb across our state and our nation, AU Medical Center has experienced an outpouring of support from community members wishing to help. We sincerely thank everyone who has reached out for their spirit of generosity and caring.
MEDICAL SUPPLY DONATIONS
Augusta University Medical Center is not currently in urgent need of supplies. However, due to the rapidly evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and the limited nationwide supply of personal protective equipment (PPE), we are accepting in-kind donations of specific materials in the event a shortage occurs. These approved materials include:
- Disposable face masks
- Latex-free gloves
- Medical gowns
- Face shields
- Hand sanitizer (must be 60% alcohol)
- Other health care PPE materials
Please note that all items must be new or unopened and in the original packaging. Also, we are not accepting hand-made face masks at this time, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Donation Contact: Please reach the point of contact, Jonathan Goolsby with our Logistics & Supply Chain Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for these donations.
MEAL DONATIONS FOR STAFF
We appreciate any individual or restaurant interested in sponsoring a meal for our AU Healthcare Heroes. When AU Medical Center receives donated food, appropriate precautions must be in place to ensure the safety of all involved.
- Please note that we are only able to accept food donated from a restaurant/caterer/food company that is monitored by local health inspectors and has passed a health inspection in the last 12 months
- We request that all meal donations be scheduled in advance to ensure that we can notify the receiving department in a timely manner and to arrange a safe delivery with appropriate social distancing closest to the receiving department’s location.
Meal Donation Contact: The point of contact for staff meal donations is Regina Winters with the Center for Patients and Families She can be reached at email@example.com. Mobile: 617-512-6469 or Office: 706-721-7802.
PRE-PACKAGED BEVERAGE AND SNACK DONATIONS FOR STAFF
Donations of pre-packaged snacks and beverages for the AU Health employees who are working tirelessly on the frontline of this pandemic are greatly appreciated and will be accepted on a case-by-case basis depending on the type of donation and the identified need. Please note that all food items must be in an unopened and pre- packaged container purchased from a store.
- Recommended snacks/drink items include: individually wrapped granola bars, energy/protein bars, trail mix, snack cakes, chips, snack mixes, energy drinks, bottled waters,
- Anyone interested in making a snack or beverage donation is encouraged to complete the in-kind donation form here: https://ghsu.wufoo.com/forms/z12hcwx814wfhol/.
- *Once the form has been received, the donor will be contacted regarding next steps and donation
Donation Contact: Anyone interested in making an in-kind food/beverage donation can contact the Office of Volunteer Services & Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706- 721-3596 for assistance. Vanessa White is the point of contact for this effort.
Donation Delivery: Please note: We ask that all donation drop-offs be pre-scheduled so that we can ensure that we maintain an appropriate schedule for safe social distancing. Once scheduled, non-medical donations should be dropped off at the AU Student Center located at 1488 Laney Walker Blvd, Augusta, GA—Monday-Friday from 10am until 2pm.
GIFT IN-KIND RECEIPT, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, AND TRACKING
All in-kind gifts must be acknowledged and tracked appropriately prior to distribution. The Office of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement is coordinating this effort.
Gift Acknowledgement Contact: Rhonda Banks is the point of contact for this effort. She can be reached at email@example.com or 706-833-8038.
OTHER COMMUNITY IN-KIND DONATION INQUIRIES
Point of Contact:
Kristina Baggott, Associate VP
Volunteer Services and Community Engagement Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 706-840-2617 or 706-721-7720