A gift of appreciated stock is a great way to support MCG while avoiding capital gains tax and taking a charitable deduction. Gifts of stocks and bonds are valued as the average price between the highest and lowest quoted selling prices on the valuation date. Ordinarily, the date of the contribution of stocks and bonds is the date that the transfer of property takes place. You may make electronic or physical stock transfers to the Foundation.
For further inquiries or to notify the Foundation of your intent to make a gift of stock or bond, please call (706) 823-5510, toll-free (877) 823-5501
Process for Electronic (Stock) Transfers
Please forward this information to your broker. This information should be completed in its entirety or your stock transfer will not be accepted.
- Please complete the in-kind contribution form here and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org . This form must be submitted PRIOR to the transfer. We must use this form to authorize State Street Global Services to accept the gift or it will bounce back.
- MCG Foundation, Inc. uses State Street Global Services, 200 Newport Avenue-JQB3, North Quincy, MA 02171. Contact Ashly Tran at 617-662-8789
- MCG Foundation account number is MCG1
- MCG Foundation DTC number is 997
- Federal identification for the MCG Foundation is 58-0706796
- Each transaction by the broker should also list the donor’s name, address and fund to credit stock gift to ensure proper gift credit
To ensure accurate and timely processing, please notify the Foundation of your intent to make a gift of stocks or bonds prior to the transfer.
Contact information for the Foundation is:
Angela Rees, CPA
Chief Financial Officer